OT: Programmers' Day

Kareem Shehata kareem-d+8TeBu5bOew5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 13 17:13:32 UTC 2007

Yup.

> If so, I've always considered them to be programmers; I used to be an
> electronics hobbyist, even breadboarding a partially functional 4-bit
> CPU at school.  Programmers use symbols, EE's use physical components.
>  There's not much difference otherwise, at least to my mind.

It's true that many of the techniques are similar, particularly now that
hardware can be described in several HDL's (hardware description language),
but the actual process is quite different.  More than anything, hardware
engineers simply think differently and approach problems differently.  Not
necessarily a bad thing, in fact it can often be helpful.

-kms