Help... Acer monitor with no frequency info

Scott Allen scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 13 10:14:42 UTC 2007

On Wed Sep 12,2007 05:34:55 PM Walter Dnes wrote:
> I hesitate to hook it up before I get the numbers,
> fo fear of "smoking" it.

I doubt that you could "smoke" an LCD monitor the way you could with
*some* CRT monitors. LCD based monitors don't have the circuitry used
to drive the high voltage CRT, that could be damaged by improper scan
rates. You'll probably just get a message on the display that the
frequencies are out of range, or a distorted picture or a blank
screen.

--
** Scott Allen   scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org **
**     Toronto, Ontario, Canada     **