question on personal and field specific ispell word lists

Alex Maynard maynarda-dxuVLtCph9gsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 10 14:33:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am having a bit of trouble finding/setting up my personal wordlist
>> for ispell (for use with emacs on ubuntu) and was wondering if anyone
>> might have any suggestions?
>>

> Dunno if this will help, but here is a paper  I wrote on 'ispell'.
>
> http://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~phiscock/papers/using-ispell.pdf

Hi Peter,

Thank you! Your article is very helpful. I've got everything
working now.

One odd thing is that although I had been using ispell inside emacs,  I
didn't actually have the command line version of ispell installed.
To use it from the command  line as described in your article I had to
install it.

Alex