locked out of home directory??

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 26 15:20:22 UTC 2007

Ian Petersen wrote:
> On 10/25/07, Zbigniew Koziol <softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> RTFM.
> That was unexpected.  Which of all the fine manuals are you suggesting I read?

Indeed.

On the broader question, I think it depends where you are and whom
you're with.  In places I've worked it's been no big secret that
so-and-so had a file called plfgrh.  These were development shops,
with a whiff of skunk-works, and no-one could predict who wouldn't
legitimately need to find something in a hurry.  A recent gig was
starting to see an access-control pinch between TIkiWiki's ACLs,
PostgreSQL's ACL's, and an ad-hoc bunch of documentation PDFs
sprinkled through some shared directories.  Product information that
would be useful to make some comprehensive development specs seems to
be locked up inside the CRM.  End rant.

Desktop Linux, where there is only one live user may render these
questions academic.

Of course, with the Internet, no matter where you are you're with
everybody.  So ...

	Mel.