Can't access my web server

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 19 16:44:49 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 01:20:28AM -0400, JoeHill wrote:
> > Not sure, really. The interface for the firewall config defaults to TCP, of
> > course. Thing is, whenever my firewall goes down because of a power
> > failure, I have to put the port forwards back in, they're not saved.
>
> I would say it is time to get a new firewall.  I hate things that waste
> my time.

Well, it is only three entries...

Seriously, I know you're right, but for six years this thing has never failed
me. I just turn it on and I'm connected and protected. I really don't want to
buy one of those appliances, like I said to Ian, I'm definitely yearning to
build another one of my own based on something that will let do some learnin'.
I've always wanted to play with those firewall rules that let me do fun things
like block certain e-mails from ever hitting my server. I can't believe that's
even possible.

--
JoeHill