[OT]: Poll: How'd you vote? (And why I'm asking...)

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 11 16:17:16 UTC 2007

--- Tyler Aviss <tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Tux party? How about an open-source party? You can
> use a penguin as a
> mascot if you think it might help :-)

Well if it were an open-source party the *BSD people
would want Beastie as a mascot:

  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_Daemon

or Puffy:

  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puffy_%28mascot%29

or one of the other open source mascots.

> Well, not quite open-source, but I wonder if a
> political party based
> on an open-communication and open-source paradigms
> might work from a
> social/governmental perspective.
>
> Who do we nominate?

Linus Torvalds - Benevolent Dictator
Alan Cox - Deputy Benevolent Dictator
Richard Stallman - Ministry of Education and Faith
Theo de Raadt - Ministry of Curmudgeon Affairs
Eric S. Raymond - Ministry of Business Development
Pamela Jones - Ministry of Justice
FreeBSD Board Members - Senior Civil Servants

Steve Ballmer - Leader of the Disloyal Opposition

[snip]