I don't want to cross post to this political mail list but ............

tleslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 11 05:21:42 UTC 2007

This made my day!!
I hope it happens.
Something like this could double, triple ..... x10 the
number of people working on linux and FLOSS in 10 years.
Also, if it works, (we had a thread about a year ago on why
Canada schools don;t use linux), it will be very hard for
IT in schools to ignore it, where we all figure they do
now because (1) you never get fired for choosing MS,
(2) the greasing that the decision makes receive.

Anyways, sorry for the cross post,
but I thought it was exciting news.

I didn't vote by the way,
being a middle age , honky, male, with post SS education,
statistically more time then not, this is Conservative
land, and I don't buck the trend,
but I thought all the candidates were on
crack this time out, and the vote issue,
lets get past the 2000 year old roman system
where info was disbursed by word of mouth and
horse back riders. I think we can use the Internet
now, and actually go to the people to see what they
want on a issue by issue basis.
Personally, I can't even vote any more,
I mix fed and prov here, but,
I believe in massive spending to Health Care (NDP),
but i support privatization too (PC)
(i.e. tax the purchase of the private, and give it to public),
I support environmental issues probably more then
Lib and PC do,
I don't think we should have anymore school
board systems, the economies of scale
are against us on that one.
Lib's want to give more $$$ to health care, but
havn't been informed that the Doctors leaving
the Prov are the issue, but they don't see that.
I don't support sending troops to wars
that a bunch of f---ups for 100 years have caused,
(this shit has been cooking even before Bush  Sr.
was in diapers) but do support honoring treaties for participation,
and peace keeping.

So basically i am f--ked.
So bring on a referendum on key issues,
if for no other reason then to officially
get public opinion,
because no party is going to do it for me,
they are all smoking crack prov & fed alike.

I  may vote federal for the least crooked party, and
right now i think that is PC's, but that could change,
I think the Libs are still stealing everything that isn't
bolted down, but will see. Voting based on the least crooked
party however is very pathetic, oddly enough I know many who
do just that, and then its really just a question of
figuring out which is the least crooked.
Liberals under  Cretian set the standard in the crooked
dept., and it might take a while to get all the
Cretchies out of the system.

Having said that, any country (that isn't like Aussi land)
who doesn't fine their people for not voting should give their
heads a shake (that means us), but having said that,
I doubt it would fix my issues above. However, it might
follow that they would have mandatory vote on referendums,
so that would be sweet.

p.s. I know there's not PC's anymore just C's, but its a hard habit to
break.

oh crap now i think i totally did cross post myself :)

-tl