Nokia N800 Internet tablet on sale at Dell

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 8 19:22:20 UTC 2007

The N800 (which runs Linux) normally sells at about US$400.  But there
have been sales.  For example, TigerDirect.ca has been selling it for
C$379, if I remember correctly (they may well be out of stock because I
cannot see it now).

Today, and perhaps today only (I cannot tell for sure), Dell is selling it
for $349, including shipping.  It is one of their secondary items on
today's installment of their 10 days of deals:

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/days_of_deals?c=ca&cs=CABSD1&l=en&s=bsd

I like my Nokia 770, but then I paid a lot less for it.  The N800 is
better in a number of ways (twice the RAM, expansion via up to two SD
flashes instead of one mini MMC, current software support).