FPTP vs MMP

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 7 17:50:30 UTC 2007

On 10/7/07, Gary Walsh <gwalsh-BSvtlmuW8nk at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> This is a good article on the "myths" being promulgated about MMP.
>
> <http://www.thestar.com/article/264326>
>
> Why our fabled democracy needs a tune-up
>
> Some key beliefs about it are myths, says a Canadian expert on electoral
> systems who urges Ontarians to vote for change in Wednesday's referendum

Interesting article - thanks for the link.  All 3 points made in the
article are relevant to my understanding of the referendum, with point
#2 being the most relevant.  If we can't trust our "Parties" to be
democratic then neither process (FPTP, MMP) is of any value.

I expect to vote in favor of MMP, though I am _very_ carefully
watching the arguments made on this thread.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/