PHP Developer Opportunity

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 5 18:56:07 UTC 2007

On 10/5/07, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Actually if they mean follow the established coding standards of the
> company, then it does make sense.  Some people always insist on using
> their own coding style, and just can't seem to wrap their heads around
> using a common coding style and methodology with their peers.  That
> makes it very difficult to work together on things.

I guess that was sort of my point.  I would have thought that refusal
to abide by a company-issued coding standard would be a firing
offense.  (There are exceptions, of course, but, generally, they
should be thoroughly supported by rational arguments for why the
coding standard shouldn't apply to the exceptional case.)  The fact
that a job posting needs to stipulate that only those people with the
ability to adhere to company policy will be considered seems sadly
redundant.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com