PHP Developer Opportunity

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 5 18:48:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 11:05:48AM -0400, Ian Petersen wrote:
> On 10/5/07, Vince Fry <vince-J8gUg58EjS5Wk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >      * Able to follow established coding standards
>
> Is it just me, or is it sad commentary on the computer industry that
> someone found it necessary to put that in a job description?

Actually if they mean follow the established coding standards of the
company, then it does make sense.  Some people always insist on using
their own coding style, and just can't seem to wrap their heads around
using a common coding style and methodology with their peers.  That
makes it very difficult to work together on things.

--
Len Sorensen