starcraft

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 2 14:45:33 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

<snip>

> Did you configure vmware to use bridged networking, or NAT or host only?
> Host only won't work for this.  bridged is great if you have a router on
> the network that could give you an ip by dhcp.  NAT is good if you use
> the host as the internet gateway and want vmware hidden behind it.
>
> As for win98, make sure it has the pcnet32 ethernet driver installed.
It was another driver that vmware tools orginally detected/installed. I
didn't write down its name (I should have). I assumed that my failure to
connect to the Internet was due to the wrong NIC driver so I started
messing around with that. I'll go about this more slowly now. I just
uninstalled/reinstalled vmware tools. It did not detect the NIC at all.
If I recall correctly its notthe NIC driver I have to get right firsat -
it's the PCI controller driver I need , then it sees everything else
accurately...

<snip>

Chris