Mounting USB key in Ubuntu

E K ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 2 00:30:24 UTC 2007

Hi Ian,

Besides plugdev, I even tried to add the user to adm, admin,...
groups.

Here is the output from id

id
uid=10000(lewis) gid=10000(hrpb)
groups=4(adm),20(dialout),24(cdrom),25(floppy),29(audio),30(dip),44(video),46(plugdev),104(scanner),112(netdev),113(lpadmin),115(powerdev),117(admin),10000(hrpb),10001

That should enable it to do pretty much anything to mount a memory
key. But still it does not work. Same with the audio. Id's starting
10000 are id's mapped for samba domain users.

On the other hand, cd mounting, sudo and all gui sys admin tasks work
fine.

Cheers,
EK