Asus Eee (low cost notebook) pre-oder offer sighted

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 1 12:55:43 UTC 2007

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 04:05:23PM -0400, Howard Gibson wrote:
>    I have an Acer Aspire 3620 that came with Linux.  The Linux turned out to be something called Linpus Linux, and it was a minimal install with nothing more than a command line.  I am assuming I avoided the Microsoft tax, but otherwise, I had to install an appropriate, up to date Linux distribution.
>
>    Are we talking Linux, as in a kernal, or GNU/Linux, as in a functioal desktop?

The Asus EEE PC 70x uses a modified Xandros complete with X and office
application and such, and a nice menu system for those who don't know
linux and just want something more like a palm interface where you just
pick your application and do stuff.  People have already started talking
about how to install Debian on it (since it doesn't have a CD drive, you
need to boot from a USB key or similar).

--
Len Sorensen