Need a Tutor for gimp

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 23 17:03:18 UTC 2007

Kevin Morris wrote:
> Wow! never knew there is something like GIMP out there...I am new to web
> design and I am trying to create a gradient background image for a site
> I am developing. Will I be able to do this in GIMP. Any suggestions or tips?

If you are only just hearing about GIMP, it would make me think you are either
new to Linux or haven't been looking at the menus of your Linux desktop. Many
(if not most) of the main Linux disto's ship with GIMP.

GIMP is not the only graphics editing package available for Linux but it can
certainly be found amongst the list of killer apps for graphics work in Linux
(and other OS).

You will find lots of information about it at http://www.gimp.org/. You will
find program documentation, tutorials, a list of published books, and more.

Using GIMP to create a gradient background image is simple enough. First,
create a gradient. Second, create a new image of the size you want. Finally,
use the Blend Tool to fill the image (or a selected part of it) with your
gradient. The fill can be done at any angle. You are not restricted to a
gradient fill on the horizontal or vertical axis.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.