Provider of linux-based DVR for CCTV?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 18 23:55:23 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, steven meyer wrote:
> You can get these off-the-shelf from Costco etc.  If you want
> to do it yourself try http://www.zoneminder.com/

Well, I know about the zoneminder. I don't want to do it myself
since I cannot always provide the service as needed to the
needy. It's a business so they cannot always wait weeks until I
have time to swing by their place.

Alternatively, if you know somebody can provide service to March
Networks' 4100 DVR (the one they have know). It may work as
well. :-)

> Many commercial DVRs use embedded Linux OS, but they are not
> truly open systems.

True. :-( I was hopping some local shop provide this and
therefore more likely to have it open.

Thanks!

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo