Announcing: A YUM and RPM Primer for Fedora Users

Craig Routledge lists-MKqfGmd6cJs0gtvRndBQZNBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Sun Nov 18 20:26:16 UTC 2007

Since there seems to have been some confusion surrounding the handling of
RPM packages on Fedora/Red Hat systems, I put together the following
document:

  http://www.craigroutledge.com/YumPrimer.html

As the word "primer" would indicate, it's a "which way is up" document
rather than a detailed reference.  I've tried to cover most of the common
usage scenarios, as well as things that are not highlighted in the official
documentation.  I have also tried to keep it short and succinct so that
it's more likely to actually be read.  Hopefully someone will find this
helpful.  Comments (about the document, not me :^) ) are welcome.