Rogers and 99.x.x.x

Aaron Vegh aaronvegh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 16 22:45:05 UTC 2007

Hi Colin,
Rogers has been using Net 99 for a while now, and this is the first
I'm hearing of this problem. Then I realized why I haven't been
affected by it... I don't use Rogers email!

As far as I'm concerned, Rogers is nothing more than a pipe into my
home. I run my own email server. Now, you don't necessarily need to go
that far, but this is as good an occasion as any to change your email
address to something hosted with a third party. I don't understand why
anyone would wed their email address to an ISP anyway. That's just a
recipe for lock-in!

Get your own domain name, set it up on an inexpensive hosting package
and use Gmail for Domains or something.

Cheers!
Aaron.

Aaron Vegh, Principal