Remote inboxes with user-configurable SMTP-stage filters?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 5 05:26:28 UTC 2007

  Up until a month ago, I was using clss.net (Aurora Internet), who had
a modified qmail which would read a file in the user's home directory,
and do smtp-stage blocking (the big 550) rather than after-the-fact
filtering.  I liked it because I could admin the smtp filters without
having to admin the machine.  clss.net seems to have disappeared off the
face of the earth October 2nd.  That's almost exactly the time of the
big heist at CI Host's Chicago facility, for those who wish to speculate.

  I've re-vectored my inbound email to my dialup ISP, and am using
procmail.  It's pretty good, but I'd prefer to block rather than accept
and flag.  I do *NOT* want to run my own SMTP server.  Are there any
alternatives people have had experience with?  cotse.net looks
interesting.  Any others?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?