iPod Nano

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Nov 3 18:44:48 UTC 2007

| From: Craig Routledge <lists-MKqfGmd6cJs0gtvRndBQZNBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org>
| To:  <tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>
| Subject: Re: [TLUG]: iPod Nano
|
| On 2007-11-02 09:49, Chris Aitken wrote:
| > D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
| >
| > <snip>
| > > Why does your yum want to access adobe?
| > Well, it wants to access it because adobe-linux-i386.repo is in
| > /etc/yum.repos.d/ and that file contained the line enabled=1
| > /Why/ that adobe repo is even in /etc/yum.repos.d/ is still unknown...
| >
| > > Mine doesn't seem to.  Did
| > > you add it to some config file?
| > >
| > I don't know when it showed up or got set to enabled=0. The first time
| > I've ever been in the file was when Jamon suggested I edit it.
|
| You most likely installed Flash for your web-browser.  Macromedia Flash was
| purchased by Adobe, and Adobe provides a yum repository.

Yuck.  I wonder why they would put in a repo that just does not work.

| You can check by following the URL in the adobe-linux-i386.repo config file
| with your web-browser and seeing what's there.

Last I checked, it just does not work.

I assume that the file is called
  /etc/yum.repos.d/adobe-linux-i386.repo

It would be interesting to know what the following command says:
  rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/adobe-linux-i386.repo
It is asking what package supplied this file.