iPod Nano

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Nov 2 18:33:17 UTC 2007

Chris Aitken wrote:

> For Christmas, my daughter is ready for something a little more
> sophisticated than Bratz. I have my eye on the iPod Nano.

Chris, if this is one of the new Nanos (what I've seen referred to as the 'fat'
Nano...), you might want to skip installing gtkpod or amarok from packages and
go right to installing from Subversion as I have done. The newer devices from
Apple use an iTunes database that cannot be read by gtkpod or libgpod (which
Amarok uses) release versions. Only the Subversion code for gtkpod and libgpod
will work.

Don't be intimidated, installing from SVN is not that difficult, in fact it
should be a lot easier to do than what you are going through with Yum ;)

I posted instructions on how to install from SVN in the thread 'iPod Video'.

--
JoeHill