iPod Nano

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 5 14:08:31 UTC 2007

JoeHill wrote:
> Chris Aitken wrote:
>

>> For Christmas, my daughter is ready for something a little more
>> sophisticated than Bratz. I have my eye on the iPod Nano.
>>

> Chris, if this is one of the new Nanos (what I've seen referred to as the 'fat'
> Nano...), you might want to skip installing gtkpod or amarok from packages and
> go right to installing from Subversion as I have done.
I've already installed amarok with yum install amarok. Do I re-install
that using subverison?
> The newer devices from
> Apple use an iTunes database that cannot be read by gtkpod or libgpod (which
> Amarok uses) release versions. Only the Subversion code for gtkpod and libgpod
> will work.

Interesting. I was able to get amarok to think it had uploaded songs to
the iPod - but there is still nothing in the iPod menu except "no songs".
> Don't be intimidated, installing from SVN is not that difficult, in fact it
> should be a lot easier to do than what you are going through with Yum ;)
>
> I posted instructions on how to install from SVN in the thread 'iPod Video'.

I didn't keep those posts. Can you re-send?

I can't find a man page or --help for subversion...

[chris at p733 ~]$ man subversion
No manual entry for subversion
[chris at p733 ~]$ subversion
bash: subversion: command not found
[chris at p733 ~]$ Subversion
bash: Subversion: command not found
[chris at p733 ~]$ /sbin/subversion
bash: /sbin/subversion: No such file or directory
[chris at p733 ~]$ locate subversion
/etc/subversion
/usr/share/doc/subversion-1.4.4
/usr/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.3.2/www/subversion.html
/usr/share/doc/subversion-1.4.4/BUGS
/usr/share/doc/subversion-1.4.4/CHANGES
/usr/share/doc/subversion-1.4.4/COMMITTERS
/usr/share/doc/subversion-1.4.4/COPYING
<snip>
/usr/share/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/subversion.mo
/usr/share/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/subversion.mo
[chris at p733 ~]$ /etc/subversion
bash: /etc/subversion: is a directory
[chris at p733 ~]$ subversion --help
bash: subversion: command not found