Ripping protected audio

Andrej Marjan amarjan-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 31 00:30:14 UTC 2007

On May 30, 2007 06:43:29 pm Sy Ali wrote:
> I've played with audacity and ecasound and both seem to be recording
> really terrible audio.

I'm sure Lennart knows how to configure the ALSA equivalent of a loopback
device by heart, but until he replies, why are you trying to record the sound
from your sound card instead of transcoding the audio stream?

Have you tried playing the audio with mplayer and telling it to write the PCM
out to disk?

For instance, I used the following to grab a Real Media stream from CBC a few
weeks back:

mplayer -playlist 030407.ram -ao pcm:file=bo-lozoff.wav -vc dummy -vo null