Nokia N800 Internet Tablet PC

Stan Witkowski Stan-PAleLrdANoqY+5vIsb+96wC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org
Wed May 30 06:45:14 UTC 2007

I bought my Nokia N800 from Nokia Canada (nokia.ca).
CDN $470 + tax + shipping (around $7) several weeks ago.
Ordered it online on a Wednesday, got it delivered to my door
two days later on Friday morning.

It runs Linux, and is slightly smaller than a paperback.
Also has an FM radio tuner, MP3 and video player + web cam built in.
It uses two SD cards for storage. Presently limited to
two * 4GB cards, but future OS upgrades are expected to allow the
use of higher capacity SDHC cards. ie 2 * 8GB, 2 * 16GB, etc.

I have:
   - reflashed the OS to the latest version
   - gotten the WI-FI and Bluetooth working
   - downloaded what few applications are curently available for it

I'd REALLY like to develop stock market charting software for it
(100% of the reason for buying it), but finding software
development info has been a complete pain. Bit and pieces are
all over the map. (If you can help me, please email ASAP! Thanks!)
(Item: I want to do development on a Windows XP Pro SP2 laptop.)

(LYBNIZ - The only thing I've found that even comes close to
  onscreen graph plots...
  See:  http://maemo.org/downloads/scientific/
  Quick desc:  Lybniz is an easy to use mathematical function graph plotter
using pyGTK.
)

If you have one, please let me know. We can start our own mini user group
just for Nokia 770s and N800s.

Note: I was told by a Carlos at Nokia Canada that Tigerdirect (the only other
place I've found selling them in Toronto) imports them directly from the USA,
and hence they have NO Canadian warranty validity from Nokia Canada.

Stan.