Homegrown Linux/FOSS Adverts

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 31 16:21:25 UTC 2007

--- Kevin Cozens <kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor wrote:
> > One of the Unix Unanimous semi-regulars I know
> > considers Linux too unreliable to use as a server
> OS.
>
> Interesting. I would wonder how long ago they
> developed that opinion and what
> version of Linux they were running at the time.
>
> > This noted there will be a "free" Microsoft
> marketing
> > (er ... "educational") event coming up on June
> 16th
> > down at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre,
>
> It could be interesting to hear what they have to
> say in their "security"
> talks. If someone attends the event I would also be
> interested to hear what
> they include in the "Excitement Kit" which all
> attendees will be given.
> Discount coupons for upgrades to the more expensive
> versions of Vista perhaps? :-)

Well, the last (well only) Microsoft event I attended
everyone got (along with an excellent meal) full
retail copy of Windows 2003 Standard Edition (my copy
is still wrapped in the original plastic on my book
shelf :-) ) and a copy of a Microsoft Press text book
on 2003.

Ironic thing, I signed up for a Windows 2003 course
that started earlier this month, and my copy of 2003
was / is useless, as the course uses features only
found in the 2003 Enterprise or Data Center
editions... Sigh...

Any event there are some Microsoft products I could
get somewhat excited over. I like some of the
Microsoft mice and keyboards (in fact my main home
(Linux) box has both a Microsoft Natural keyboard
(ugly, but comfortable) and a Microsoft wireless
mouse). Also the Microsoft XBox360 machines can be
made to run Linux :-) .

Colin.