DVD Not Clear On Playback

Glen Strom gstrom-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 14 23:43:42 UTC 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 15:37:31 -0400
lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen) wrote:

> I used to run an FX5200 on my A7V (Via KT133) which is also 4x only.
>
> The only problem I ever had was that one version of the binary nvidia
> drivers tried to run the card faster than 4x due to a bug in the
> driver code which just didn't work under heavy 3D load.  Disabling
> the AGP feature solved it, as did fixing the bug eventualy.  You
> hardly ever need the AGP transfer from system memory stuff anyhow so
> disabling the agp stuff was no big deal.

A new video card might not be necessary now. I bought a couple of DVD's
today and they seem to play ok. No ghosting to speak of. There must
have been something wrong with that first DVD.

I think I might try that FX5200 anyway. It can't hurt to get better
performance. The current card is pathetically old. I think that would
be the last upgrade for this box, though. It's not worth spending much
more on it.

Thanks for your help, Len.

--
Glen Strom