Difficult News

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sun May 13 23:07:56 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I have the difficult task to convey that CLUE webmaster and community
activist Gerry Roderick Singleton passed away last night (May 12) in a
Toronto hospital.

I have few details except that he died of a heart attack, that must have
been very sudden because we spoke yesterday morning and he was in his
usual good spirits. Friday we attended the Toronto DrupalCamp together.
Besides his involvement in CLUE, Gerry was head of the OpenOffice
documentation project, involved in many forms of open source advocacy,
and active in his church.

I hope to have more details by tomorrow regarding funeral arrangements.
He will be missed by many.

- Evan