OT: Internet connectivity

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 9 19:37:14 UTC 2007

On 5/9/07, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> JM wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> >    i need suggestion on a good ISP provider in north america (reliable and has
> > a god track record)..
>
> That's asking a bit much, isn't it?  ;-)
>
> My ISP is Rogers and I find the service is very good.  It's far better
> than Sympatico.

I have Sympatico and find it much more reliable than Rogers. Go
figure. Basically, there's no way to know which will be better until
you try them both. Service levels vary so much depending on the area
and infrastructure in your area. Basically, while Rogers may be
terrific in one neighborhood, Sympatico is better in another.

Also, service levels change as money gets spent on the infrastructure.
Where I live used to have TERRIBLE service from Sympatico. Rogers was
certainly superior. Then Bell ripped out the 30 or 40 year old phone
lines and laid down fiber all over the area. Now I'm with Bell and
it's fantastic. Haven't had a problem for months. Much faster now too.