Free stuff...

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon May 7 17:02:09 UTC 2007

I am looking at clearing out some of the ... stuff ...
that has collected at home, and would be happy to pass
this stuff on to GTALug folks. Ideally I would like is
to arrange a mutually convenient pick-up at my place
(near Yonge & Eglinton), otherwise I would be willing
to take these items to the May 8th TLUG meeting or to
the May 9th UU meeting, what I will not do is deliver
this stuff.

So, on to the items:

- TV tuner card: This is an "Easy TV MPEG" card, that
is NOT support by the current V4L Linux driver (thus
will NOT work with MythTV). It is SAA7130 based card,
so even if you do get it to work under Linux it will
be a CPU killer (CPUs under 750 MHz need not even
bother to apply :-( ). I am offering the card and the
driver CD (I am keeping the remote as I hope that will
be usable with another project).

- Mouse pads: A number of mouse pads, most collected
at various trade shows from various firms (some of
which no longer exist (who remembers "Computer City
Canada"?)).

- IBM OS/2 for Windows: floppy disk and CD-ROM combo.

- MakoPad PC: Analog game pad with a DB-15 connector.

My priority will be to get rid of these items ASAP, so
I will favour quick pick-ups or drop offs at the TLUG
meeting tomorrow.

Colin McGregor