Gmail users - request regarding HTML

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon May 7 15:43:41 UTC 2007

On 5/7/07, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Lucky man.  Mine's been defaulting to Rich Text for months, and I
> don't know what karmic crime I committed to be forced to click on
> "Plain Text" ten times a day ...  I tried to follow this tip, but when
> I went to "Compose" my only option was to switch to "Rich Formatting,"
> so apparently my "default" is plain.  But all my replies (including
> this one) default to Rich text.  So this trick isn't an absolute
> answer.

I guess I am pretty lucky--I can't stand HTML email.  For the
motivated, you could probably create a GreaseMonkey script that would
solve the problem once and for all.  I've never done such a thing, but
I think you could create a script that searched for '<< Plain text',
within the current page and then simulated a click.  Bit of a hack,
but at least it automates the repetitive bit.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com