Yet Another reason to use linux...

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 31 17:53:07 UTC 2007

On 3/31/07, CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Governments everywhere but in English-speaking countries seem to be
> embracing open source. One example would be the Turkish government.
> It has taken the unusual step of not only favouring the use of open
> source but actively funding over a dozen people working full-time on
> the Pardus <http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/index.html> Linux
> distribution. You can read a recent review here:
> <http://beranger.org/index.php?article=2441>. I haven't tried Pardus
> yet but it looks very appealing.

Wow!  It really does look good.  I'm going to run off and read a bunch
of other reviews.

I'm especially intrigued by projects which develop a new package manager:

http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/projects/pisi/index.html
http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/projects/pisi/PiSi.html
http://svn.pardus.org.tr/uludag/trunk/pisi/doc/introduction-to-pisi.odp