tips needed; dealing with mental block while coding

Glen Strom gstrom-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 27 23:59:47 UTC 2007

This thread reminded me of something I read many years ago when I was
studying music at Humber College. It was said that Joseph Haydn would
pray for inspiration. I found this passage about him:

"A friend paid a visit to Haydn and enquired about the secrets of his
so many masterpieces. Haydn said, I am an early riser. After the
attending to my personal hygiene the first thing I do is to pray to God
for inspiration to create music. After I finish my breakfast, I seat
myself at the piano and start to create musical notes naturally flowing
down my fingers. When my inspiration was exhausted, I knelt down to
pray, keeping reflecting on my defects. Not until I felt that God had
forgiven me would I re-seat myself at the piano to continue with my
creation."

Perhaps there are certain programming languages that would lend itself
to this approach better than others. Since I'm not a programmer I
couldn't suggest which languages, but I suspect some of you might have
have one or two in mind. ;->

--
Glen Strom
gstrom-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org