Cannot sync with J-Pilot

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 23 04:50:31 UTC 2007

Don't know when this happened, but at some point J-Pilot stopped working on me.
I always had it working with the default settings, ie. using /dev/pilot,
although my Visor has a USB cradle.

Gnome-Pilot does work, but I can't tell how it is connecting, all it says for
'Device' is 'usb:', no indication of what it's using in terms of a path to the
device.

I've tried configuring J-Pilot to use /dev/ttyUSB0, USB1, etc., but none of
them work, I just get an error from J-Pilot that there is no such file or
directory.

When I hit the sync button on the USB cradle, this is what comes up
in /var/log/messages:

Mar 23 00:27:02 node1 kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd
and address 2 Mar 23 00:27:02 node1 kernel: usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen
from 1 choice

Any help greatly appreciated!

--
JoeHill