editing AVI

Andrej Marjan amarjan-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 18 16:21:31 UTC 2007

On March 18, 2007 10:50:02 am Zbigniew Koziol wrote:
> This is largely not list subject.
>
> I have a great, really great, outstanding movie about Russian war in
> Afganistan. It is in Russian. I would like to share it with others.
>
> Is there a way to add subtitles? English translation? How?
>
> zb.

It's definitely possible, Windows people do it all the time:
http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=153058

Here's a Gentoo forum posting about doing something way more elaborate, I
presume just adding subtitles would be a much shorter process:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=117709

I just googled "add subtitle to avi linux" and got a ton of results, there's
probably a simpler way --- maybe even as simple as throwing the AVI and the
appropriate subtitle file at an appropriate video player.

I'm Russian-challenged myself, but if you do translate this, I'd love to get a
copy!