editing AVI

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 18 15:37:18 UTC 2007

Zbigniew Koziol descended, with this inscribed on tablets:

> On Sunday 18 March 2007 11:02, JoeHill wrote:
> > Zbigniew Koziol descended, with this inscribed on tablets:
> > > This is largely not list subject.
> > >
> > > I have a great, really great, outstanding movie about Russian war in
> > > Afganistan. It is in Russian. I would like to share it with others.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to add subtitles? English translation? How?
> >
> > If there are no subtitles already in the video, or no subtitle files
> > provided with it (.sub, etc.), no. I don't think there is any application
> > that can automatically translate the language in a video ;-)
>
> There are no subtitles or any additional files. I got it through aMule (p2p).
> I thought that still there may be a way to add text on screen.

Well there is, but... if you wanted, and you had the time (a *lot* of it),
you could create the sub file yourself, seeing as you know Russian, of course.
This would take insane amounts of patience, however. You would need to run the
movie in mplayer, with the time display running, and type the translation as you
watched, noting the exact time for each display of text, down to the
millisecond. You could probably find out the format of the subtitle file via
google or something, I don't have one handy right now.

What is the name of the movie? I'll check on bittorrent. Many of the movies I
find there include subs.

--
JoeHill