editing AVI

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 20 00:54:39 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007 11:37, JoeHill wrote:
> Zbigniew Koziol descended, with this inscribed on tablets:
> > On Sunday 18 March 2007 11:02, JoeHill wrote:
> > > Zbigniew Koziol descended, with this inscribed on tablets:

> > > If there are no subtitles already in the video, or no subtitle files
> > > provided with it (.sub, etc.), no. I don't think there is any
> > > application that can automatically translate the language in a video
> > > ;-)
> >
> > There are no subtitles or any additional files. I got it through aMule
> > (p2p). I thought that still there may be a way to add text on screen.
>
> Well there is, but... if you wanted, and you had the time (a *lot* of it),
> you could create the sub file yourself, seeing as you know Russian, of
> course. This would take insane amounts of patience, however. You would need
> to run the movie in mplayer, with the time display running, and type the
> translation as you watched, noting the exact time for each display of text,
> down to the millisecond. You could probably find out the format of the
> subtitle file via google or something, I don't have one handy right now.
>
> What is the name of the movie? I'll check on bittorrent. Many of the movies
> I find there include subs.

I got the original in Russian. Video quality wasn't great but it wasn't bad
either. I do not remember the original title.

Strangely, i did find a copy which is with Polish translation. I am
downloading it right now. The translation sounds me a bit silly, though may
be its formally correct.

The title I am downloading is "9 Kompania cd2 - The 9th Company (2005)" - this
is the second half only of the movie. It is of better video quality, but
still in Russian and with Polish translation.

zb.