MIT Scheme compilation problem

Peter P. plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 15 17:09:40 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen <lsorense at ...> writes:

> I guess you can go grab the binary from a debian system and see if that
> does the trick for you.  Once you build it once, you can always rebuild
> it using itself.

Yes, BUT the 'binary' from Debian has a lot of dependencies which will result in
the d/l of a ton of libraries. Is there a *binary* 'binary' of Scheme somewhere
? Perhaps one that would be used to build Scheme on something else (like NetBSD
or OpenBSD or *gasp* OSX) ? Or is there a workaround of some sort ?

thanks,
Peter P.