MIT Scheme compilation problem

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 15 16:37:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 06:44:47AM +0000, Peter P. wrote:
> None. That's the problem. I know that this scheme implementation is a pun on
> recursive (positive) jokes a la GNU, but I really need a way to do this because
> I'm trying to make it run on a system that does not belong to any particular
> distribution. Its library set will not match any downloaded precmpiled package
> (even though the base is - or sort of was at one time or another - Debian).
>
> So what's the policy on bootstrapping Scheme ? I thought only Emacs and other
> operating systems need bootstrapping ? ;-)

Well it looks like you need a binary of mit-scheme, which you use to
build mit-scheme, after which you can throw away the original binary.

I guess you can go grab the binary from a debian system and see if that
does the trick for you.  Once you build it once, you can always rebuild
it using itself.

--
Len Sorensen