Troubleshooting without help from others (was: Failed to open control device /dev/em8300-0)

Jason Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 14 23:43:44 UTC 2007

2007/3/14, Rob Sutherland <rob-3Aypa9sX/B7wvR0lvYjcXw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I think the key point is that it's easy to find an (or several)
> *answers* via
> google, but finding the right *question* is the real problem. If you can
> work
> out the exact question that fits your problem, finding the correct
> answer, whether
> by  using google  or reading the code or whatever  becomes much easier.
> Your
> problem solving process should drive your use of google  not the
> other way round.

I'm curious: Can you elaborate on what you just said / give an example
of a case or two where you needed to know the right question?  As far
as I can remember, generally when I search google for help with
technical problems/bugs I have an error message onscreen.  I just
enter those into google.

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I provide software development and training services to clients worldwide.