slack 11 menu problems

sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 12 03:05:43 UTC 2007

According to Glen's instructions, I added the following lines to my
.bash_profile:

==============
KDEDIR=/opt/kde
KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde
PATH="$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH"

export PATH
export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/usr/share:/opt/kde/etc/xdg
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/share:/opt/kde/share

The added "old email" was unclear as to whether the last two environment
variables were to be put into the same file. I ran them without, and then
with. I sourced the file, and ran update-desktop-database

The error message said:

No directories in update-desktop-database search path could be processed
and updated.

I checked /opt/kde/etc/xdg and there were *.menu files there. They all
have permission 644. Does anyone understand the above error?

Paul King