Linux video conferencing software

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 1 16:29:17 UTC 2007

To facilitate better communication, my work is going to be switching to
video conferencing.  Not just video calls, but video conference calls with
multiple participants.

The top choice right now is to use Skype 3 for Windows.

Windows.  Hmm.. I *really* don't want to go that route.

I have found some single-person video chat clients which are multi-platform,
but nothing which does video *conferencing*.

References to using WIne with Skype date back to version two.  I could
possibly investigate using VMware or a similar solution.

Heck, I'd buy a Mac just to avoid using Windows, even if it were only for an
hour a day.  Too bad my research shows that Skype for the Mac is out of date
and has poor video performance.

What options do I have?