Gov't (er, Taxpayer) funded Television and Proprietary Media Formats

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 25 22:07:06 UTC 2007

| From: Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>

| http://www.cbc.ca/listen/ogg.html
|
| They've had those ogg streams up for a few years, but the quality is inferior
| to the wma streams (which play just fine in VLC). So the only thing to bug
| them about is just that, the quality. Otherwise, you're as free as you like to
| listen in an open format.

1) they only stream Eastern Time.  The mms stuff streams from each
   station in the local time.  When I miss a show that I want, I grab
   the mms from farther west.

2) I try to record the ogg stream sometimes.  The connection dies
   before an hour is up.  Not good for an hour-long show.  This used
   to not be the case, but it has been for perhaps a year.  The mms
   streams may not have this problem.  I'm trying mmsrip.