[OT] New Bell TOS

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 24 21:08:56 UTC 2007

Since there has been some related discussion, I thought I'd share some
snippets about the new "proposed" Bell TOS.

It lets them:
Jack up all the prices, so long as they notify you by means of a
method *they* think is reasonable.
Then they can abort your service without notice or reason.
Service cancellation lets them charge for future unused services.
Then they can accelerate all charges to bill you immediately.
They can enter your home without notice, to seize their property.

Also,
I am in violation of their TOS if I ever plug in a Bell modem and then
disconnect it.
I am unable to copy their TOS for any reason.  So I can't talk about
it directly.

I wonder what would happen if Bell was a person who had a little
gambling problem and who needed to get some money real quick-like.