Fwd: [Job] Google would like to converse with you

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 22 13:50:59 UTC 2007

--- Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>
wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 04:15:41PM -0400, Myles A.
> Braithwaite wrote:
> > Google sent me this email today if anyone is
> looking for a position at Google I think in Caly.
> Sorry I doesn't look like there is any Python but
> its for GOOGLE!
> >

> I have had a couple of emails from a guy at google
> over the last couple
> of years.  After doing some research I did determine
> them to be
> legitimate emails.  Too bad they don't have a
> location in Canada. :)  It
> might be a fun place to work otherwise.

Early this year I had three phone interviews with
Google, re: a system administration possition. Google
does have a Canadian data centre in the GTA.

I never did find out just where, the closest they
would say is "near the airport", and it was made clear
that ownership of a car (or truck, etc.) was a must as
the data centre has (had?) poor or nonexistant public
transit.

But, yes, Google does sound like a neat place to work,
and working for them in the GTA is a possibility, but
I am not sure how wide a range of positions are
available here...

Colin McGregor