Off Topic: Photo Conversion

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 21 20:37:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 04:34:41PM -0400, Andrew Malcolmson wrote:
> I agree with the idea of buying your own scanner. Some of the HP
> All-in-Ones (print, scan, copy) and Scanjets have 'transparent media
> adapters' for scanning slides and negatives.
>
> These are very well supported under Linux, in fact, drivers come out for
> the All-in-One's before they do for Windows or Mac!

My HP all in one is a @#$@#$ crap box.  It can't even copy more than one
page between power cycles without crashing.  It even tried to feed paper
backwards last time I tried to copy something on it.  No more HP for me.

Scanning to windows still seems to work, but printing or copying
involves getting 'E' every time after the first page prints.  It then
needs to have the power cord unplugged to make it work again (for
another single page).

It used to be epson scanners and printers just worked with linux, but
unfortunately with the new ones you can't be sure of that anymore.

--
Len Sorensen