Off Topic: Photo Conversion

Andrew Malcolmson andzy-bYF1QM81rroS+FvcfC7Uqw at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 21 20:34:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 03:43:56 -0400, "Dave Bour"
<dcbour-Uj1Tbf34OBsy5HIR1wJiBuOEVfOsBSGQ at public.gmane.org> said:
> I did a bunch of these for a wedding anniversary last year.  For the
> cost of it, (around 200 pics), I was able to replace my old scanner
> with a new one and still crank them out in about 3 hours.  Quotes were
> around $1 per print without editing (repairs, etc)

I agree with the idea of buying your own scanner. Some of the HP
All-in-Ones (print, scan, copy) and Scanjets have 'transparent media
adapters' for scanning slides and negatives.

These are very well supported under Linux, in fact, drivers come out for
the All-in-One's before they do for Windows or Mac!