linuxcaffe workshop; The Art of Ardour

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 18 15:16:35 UTC 2007

On 18 Jun 2007 10:41:45 -0400, G. Matthew Rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> "David J Patrick" <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > question; if this is, in fact, the mailing list for Toronto's linux
> lovers,
> > why are interesting workshops (like this one) drawing 0 responses, from
> the
> > group ?
>
> Well, there was a greeting card company created holiday this weekend that
> may
> have taken precedence over this event (and the whole Sonora Dodd created
> fater's day is just propaganda from said companies :)).
>
> Seriously, though, is this a recurring pattern or just this one time?

It's a pattern . The are (how many ? hundreds of subscribers to this list,
if three respond to an event notice, and one shows up, that's pretty much
typical.

it's either;

Not enough advance notice

GTAlug members are all "linuxcaffe"d out

The subject matter (Digital Audio Workstation, MythTV, OpenStreetMap,
Wellness for IT Workers, and others) is not as interesting to this
particular LUG as I might have thought. The New to Ubuntu workshops were
well attended, but as a result of ubuntu.ca enthusiasm.

The stereotype is true; most linux geeks are basement bound and socially
spastic, and unless there's beer involved, you won't see one in direct
sunlight. Nahh, lots of our regulars are linux users and wild enthusiastic,
and cool, besides, so that can't be it. ;-)

so HEADS UP, fellow geeks, the workshop will continue, and they're getting
better and better. Shake those little tail feathers, flap those wings, leave
the egg at home and attend or even GIVE a worksop. k ?

unless yer all, like, hangin at the BSD Bistro now, er sumthin.
;-)

djp

Regards,

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org