linuxcaffe workshop; The Art of Ardour

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 18 16:49:47 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On 18 Jun 2007 10:41:45 -0400, G. Matthew Rice <matt-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >
> > "David J Patrick" <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > > question; if this is, in fact, the mailing list for Toronto's linux
> > lovers,
> > > why are interesting workshops (like this one) drawing 0 responses,
> > from the
> > > group ?
> >
> > Well, there was a greeting card company created holiday this weekend
> > that may
> > have taken precedence over this event (and the whole Sonora Dodd created
> > fater's day is just propaganda from said companies :)).
> >
> > Seriously, though, is this a recurring pattern or just this one time?
>

> It's a pattern . The are (how many ? hundreds of subscribers to this list,
> if three respond to an event notice, and one shows up, that's pretty much
> typical.
>
> it's either;
>
> Not enough advance notice
>
> GTAlug members are all "linuxcaffe"d out
>
> The subject matter (Digital Audio Workstation, MythTV, OpenStreetMap,
> Wellness for IT Workers, and others) is not as interesting to this
> particular LUG as I might have thought. The New to Ubuntu workshops were
> well attended, but as a result of ubuntu.ca enthusiasm.
>
> The stereotype is true; most linux geeks are basement bound and socially
> spastic, and unless there's beer involved, you won't see one in direct
> sunlight. Nahh, lots of our regulars are linux users and wild enthusiastic,
> and cool, besides, so that can't be it. ;-)
>
> so HEADS UP, fellow geeks, the workshop will continue, and they're getting
> better and better. Shake those little tail feathers, flap those wings, leave
> the egg at home and attend or even GIVE a worksop. k ?
>
> unless yer all, like, hangin at the BSD Bistro now, er sumthin.
> ;-)

djp,

I really wanted to attend this event, but had (quite enjoyable) family
obligations to take care of on Sunday.

Although I freely admit my computers are in my basement, it's because I live
in a tiny bungalow, and have to make use of all available space. And my
shoulders and chest are reddish-pink because I spent the sunny Sunday
afternoon splashing in my parents' pool.

If this event is ever offered again, I will certainly try to attend. Don't
stop offering these seminars -- as a member of the TLUG community, I greatly
appreciate the offer -- I just need to fit them into my schedule.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario