linuxcaffe workshop; The Art of Ardour

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 18 11:43:27 UTC 2007

On 14/06/07, David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Ben Powers, Ardour user, enthusiast and the guy who's writing the
> manual, will be leading a workshop this Sunday from 4pm-6pm (yes, we
> usually close @ 5pm Sundays) at linuxcaffe.
> So if you've ever wished you could have a fully functional digital
> audio workstation, c'mon down and see how it works. Benny has asked
> attendees to "pay what you can" and we will be giving away copies of
> the latest UbuntuStudio.

 You missed a rather brilliant workshop. Benny demonstrated Ardour with a
expertise and humour; he knows his stiff. We learned how to set up the
realtime environment, how to make sure that  JACK and ALSA were running, and
how arour, in combination with the Hydrogen drum synthesizer, hardware to
enable clear microphone and instrument input, and Benny's favorite software
synth, could be used as a powerful and comprehensive recording and mastering
environment. Benny will be back, to give the workshop again, this summer,
and I'll be sure to give y'all another heads up, then

question; if this is, in fact, the mailing list for Toronto's linux lovers,
why are interesting workshops (like this one) drawing 0 responses, from the
group ?

djp

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org
OR