Fwd: Centrino support

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 17 00:47:26 UTC 2007

The following question was passed on to me by the
editor of a magazine I have written for. Anyone know
how to make wireless play nice on Linux based Centrino
laptops?

One person (with the luck? / misfortune? to live) in
New Jersry would appreciate an answer.

Colin,

[snip]

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/dsl-n/f/viewpost/2433.html
> for some
> of the typical error messages.
>
> ALL the sw I have seen have been command line arcane
> commands.
>
> The XP wireless tools, Intel XP ProSET/Wireless
> software is so
> sophisticated it shames me as a programmer to see
> how little a laptop
> rates in the LINUX programming community. And
> Microsoft provides its
> own wireless tools too.
>
> WPA2 support doesn't seem to exist without exotic
> additional sw i.e.
> wpa-supplicant and ndiswrapper.
> What order do these pieces of sw have to be
> loaded???
>
> This has been a non-issue of all the magazines and
> writes. They are
> probably using XP wireless to write about LINUX.
>

> Very Disappointed

[snip]